Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Simple choices in life

Friend : "HEY! This friday is a holiday. You wanna go out?"
Me      : "yeap, sure.. since I don't have a plan planned yet."
Friend : "Great! I knew you'd want to go so I had it all planned out.okay.. so here's my plan...."

What I didn't know or rather, What I forgot was that I actually already had a plan - a plan with Him.
That friday..was in fact, the most important day. Deep down, I was disappointed with myself that I had forget what I was suppose to do. As soon as I realized after answering my friend, I had to do something. Hence, my dilemma on the day itself was that :

 #1 : I could not possibly let down my friend. (yes, i could actually but thing is, he had it all planned out along with other people and I,too had invite my other friend to go so I could not just leave her)
#2 : I was eager to go - to see HIM

Probably you may not see it in 'my point of view' but for me, it was hard - a hard choice to make indeed.
Bottom line, I am not the type who does last minute cancellations and disappoint others.

How i solved it:
I brought all of them to church to meet HIM, to witness HIM for Good Friday mass! :)



What I learned?
Just tell the truth. Share your dilemma with them. That way, they know you're open with them. If they truly are friends, they'll understand and still accept you for who you are. Worse that can happen, Unfriend. Simple, no?

For anyone out there who ever encounter this before, especially those who are away from home, in this type of situation, it's easy to stray away. Trust me, it's easy to just follow others and not stand up for what you believe. Don't let anyone or anything put you down. Stay strong and like how I did, perhaps you could bring them to see what you believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment