Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Common advice : "kids, don't talk to strangers."??

So I went kai kai (exploring around) today around Bukit Timah, Clementi and Jurong just to be familiar with all these nearby places while my other mates went uni. And... I bought myself this !


apparently it's got mrt/lrt system map in it too.. so I thought, it'd be a good guide for me  =D


As I was waiting for the bus today, I knew where I wanted to go but at the same time, I don't know where to go. Then came this lady and her son to the bus stop. I think I looked 'worried' or some sort when the lady suddenly asked me where am I going to. Hence, I told her about the first place that popped in my mind. Luckily she was kind enough to tell me which bus number to take. Out of curiosity, I kepo-ed and asked her if she's local but she said no - she's Japanese!

Anyway,as I was going up the bus, again I somehow doubt myself of where I was heading to so I asked this lady sitting next to me.  She told me whereabouts of the place and even offered me sweets! ( yes, i know.. I should not be talking to strangers or even take candies from them. BUT it was a great need that I ask someone for directions.) Hence, my point of telling this whole story is that you can talk to anyone but make sure it's the right people. Don't know whether they're the right people? 






I hate to say this but to know how, look at the way they dress, who they're with, their attitude in general and trust your instincts. This may not be so much of a good advice but I live by it almost everyday. 
NOTE : follow at your own risk






TaTa


No comments:

Post a Comment