Tuesday, June 5, 2012

small bites about singapore #3

This was quite a while back but it's some of these things that made me intrigued with the arts and well, food at the same time. A friend of mine brought me to this place called, 'Red Dot Museum'.

Apparently, one friday night a month, they have an event going on 'MAAD' which is a free-entry event for the public whereby local designers showcase their artworks from little cupcakes to bags and recycled trash into beautifully weaved items. This trip was quite an experience for me because it really did inspire me to make use of those little things which other people will throw out but of which I'd usually keep but don't know what to do with it. [Most of the time, I'd use it to make my 'homemade' gift cards and notebooks which I'll write about it in another post sometime soon, hopefully.]

During the event, they even had local band playing, which I'd recommend to you all BUT I wasn't sure what band it was. :X THEREFORE, if you're around Maxwell Road, from Tanjong Pagar MRT, do drop by the museum to find out more. Worth a trip! Just a tip, look up on days that they are open and the time! or even any upcoming events, given in the link below this post.




singlish, anyone?

kueh chap. Yeap, it is really different from the kueh chap I have back home where the meat is put together with the noodle in a bowl
 
..they have great tasting french fries around (near my place,that is)



..nice bag,aint it?see the one in the middle from the bottom? The first time I saw it, I thought it was just a decoration. Turns out, it is a REAL bag.




For all design enthusiasist, check this out Red Dot Museum Asia !!


Tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment